12/14/2007

My favourite football team

My favourite sport is football. The reason that I like it because it is a popular sport and make me having a lot of friends. When I played it. The Football team that I like being Manchester United Football Club. In my opinion, I think that The team is a big , great , and have many fans all over the world. Why I think that , because The team have a great football players. For example
Bobby Charlton – one of the greatest strikers football has ever seen;George Best – the bad boy of football but arguably thesecond best player ever (after Pele);Denis Law – a great striker and one of the world’s bestheaders of the ball;Eric Cantona – the legendary French player who ledUnited to the League and Cup Double in 1994;David Beckham – captain of England and a greatinspiration of United’s success;
I started watching Manchester United when I studied at grade 7. I was about 13 years old. My father also like Manchester United. I will tell a bit about Manchester United Football Club.
From its humble beginnings in the Newton Heath area of Manchester, where a group of railway workers decided to start a club in 1878, to its present position as the number 1 club in the world. The club had its good times and bad times until 1945 when Matt Busby was appointed manager. He began to build ateam of teenagers who became known as ‘Busby’sBabes’. But in 1958, the world of Manchester United was destroyed. Returning home from a European Cup game inYugoslavia, the team’s plane crashed in a snowstorm inMunich. Eight players were killed by the crash and several others were seriously hurt. The team had to be rebuilt and that is what Matt Busby did. Manchester United have also had some of the greatest managers. Matt Busby was brought to Manchester after the Second World War in 1945 and was manager until 1971. He built the foundations of the modern club, finding young talented players from around the country. Although the Munich air crash nearly destroyed his young team, he rebuilt the team and won the club its early successes. The other great manager was Alex Ferguson. He was brought to the club from Aberdeen in 1986. Ferguson brought players like David Beckham through the Youth Team scheme and also bought good players from other clubs. His team has won every prize in world football. Manchester United is the richest and most famous club in the world and it seems like this is only the beginning.

No comments: